Thursday, May 6, 2010

Evolution of an empty fireplace

Yesterday I discussed my disdain for the unusable fireplace in my living room...which got me thinking about it even more....and made it impossible for me to go to bed last night without at least attempting to make it look awesome.

This is a rough draft of what the final product will be.
The greenery is temporary, simply a filler until I can get some actual plants to fill in some of the empty space. I'm loving the mirror, as it kind of opens up the cavern a bit. All of the candles are yellow (the color is a bit washed out in this picture). I'm also going to get one or two small paintings to add to the mix from my dear friend Annie (and I'm hoping this one is still available...):
I still welcome your suggestions. I had considered using it as a bookshelf (good call Rachel!) but this would require way more cleaning than I'm willing to do (lots of historic soot!).

2 comments:

Erin said...

love it!

I just saw annie, and that painting is still available, but if you want it, you better snatch it up today. she has a show tomorrow night and I bet you it will sell quick.

Gwendolyn said...

yeah, I left a message on her facebook asking her if I could claim it...it kills me that I can't make those shows!